Arrow Electronics Field Applications Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
Field Applications Engineer
● Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
● Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and leverage Arrow’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Apply intermediate technical expertise to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
● Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing more advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Perform and drive technical calibrations & research with sales, other Arrow departments, and suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
● Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls. Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
● Strategic role: Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in ArrowEDGE initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events. May support design services initiatives.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Contributes to process improvements
● Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
● Provides informal guidance to junior staff
● Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.