Arrow Electronics Regional Technology Sales Manager in Bloomington, Minnesota
Regional Technology Sales Manager
Regional Technology Sales Manager
A dynamic position that requires an individual with the right balance of technical skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills.
Keen understanding of technical sales process and driving sales goals.
● Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
● Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales. Provide technical leadership to the branch, customers, and suppliers shaping strategy and guiding technical direction/priorities.
● Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of analog supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs, including vertical segmentation. Position Arrow’s differential value proposition.. Attend supplier trainings.
● Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships with senior level decision makers, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within customers.
● Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Use ROI concepts for making strategic business plans and decisions. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
● Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
● Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
● Works independently
Experience / Education
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Analog and Power Experience
This will be a regional role serving the Chicago, Minnesota & Wisconsin territories. Candidate should be located in Chicago or Minneapolis.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.