Arrow Electronics Channel Development Representative in Centennial, Colorado
Channel Development Representative
● Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities for assigned accounts, territory, or product(s). Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts and rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships with Arrow customers. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business for Arrow. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Determines and understands customers’ requirements for Arrow product offerings and services. Translates products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Provides alternative products and solutions. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner.
● Demand Generation and Customer Opportunity Support: Drives sales growth through new customer rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships. Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources. Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment.
● Leverages Arrow and vendor programs and promotions to progress a transaction through the sales cycle. Manages vendor special pricing programs including; submissions for pricing request and any data or program dependencies, tracking requests for approval, logging of all submissions and results, and notification to the customers of any outstanding or expiring requests. Involves other resources (field, brand, engineering, financing, vendor, etc) to address issues. May use resources such as salesforce.com to accomplish job duties.
● Quote and Order Preparation: Processes quotes for specified customers and/or quote revisions for mass price changes, program changes or part changes. Prepare orders, from quote work if applicable, for submission based on receipt of the customers’ purchase orders ensuring that all required information for accurate processing is included.
● Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
● Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
● Solves a range of straightforward problems
● Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
● Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.