Arrow Electronics Event Manager in Centennial, Colorado
• Design and manage events that are critical to numerous Arrow Business Unit sales strategies. Responsible for leading and developing events, independently managing related logistics, and working in conjunction with internal executives and/or content managers to execute strategic goals and objectives of Business Unit through these events. This includes on-site production, registration & event close out, and managing schedules for multiple key milestones and resources.
• Manage and maintain event budgets. Independently manage and negotiate all aspects of event planning for medium to large events. This includes venue coordination (hotels or destination management companies), transportation, registration websites and attendee lists, venue events entertainment (speakers, music or group activities), and designing and selecting all food and beverage menus.
• Independently select and negotiate venue and vendor contracts, to include third parties (Hotels, security, transportation, entertainment, caterers, speakers, graphic designers, production, printers etc.). Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters for the venue.
• Design, market and manage event Branding Campaigns and correspondence. Select and manage event materials. (Signage, Attendee communications prior to, and during events) and manage creative collateral process. Develop event agenda, presentations, speaker invitations and talking points, and event management surveys.
• Post-event data gathering and analysis of event success. (Event surveys, etc.) Compile all data and present information to executives, managers, individuals and organizations (internally and externally) to determine net results of event objectives.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently, but is a team player; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
● Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
● Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
● Works independently
Experience / Education
● Typically requires a 4 year degree and 8 years of related experience, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
● CMP Certification is highly desired.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.