Arrow Electronics Global Real Estate Project Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Global Real Estate Project Manager
● Project Specialist I collects, enters, and organizes data and other information to support research projects; carries out basic analytic tasks; organizes materials for and provides draft inputs to written products such as literature reviews, project documentation, progress reports, research reports, and briefings. Project Specialists may provide administrative research support to projects and coordination of day-to-day project operations.
Other duties include:
● Leading projects in a specialized area (such as 5S, M&A, etc).
● Leads project calls, assigns work and manages project to timeline and outcomes.
● Stakeholder management—Leads stakeholder management sessions and keeps various management abreast of potential issues by maintaining open lines of communication.
● Creation of project related process documents.
● Assist in training new and existing employees with regard to policies and procedures related to project outcomes.
● Green Belt Certification.
● PMP Certified.
● Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
● Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
● Solves a range of straightforward problems
● Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
● Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Major areas of oversight and management:
Real Estate Transaction and Financial Review
Project Building and management with internal Stakeholders
Business Continuity Plan coordination for Americas
Objectives of the role:
1/ Transaction management
Leverage best in class practices across operational group boundaries (Regional and Business unit)
Ensure consistency of Real Estate transactions
Visibility to entire portfolio and expense base with consistent reporting
Harmonize lease standards across Region
Reduce expense base
2/ Project Management & Optimization of Global FASB approach to :
Complete regional and global projects as needed
FASB compliance for all global transactions
Financial review and analysis for all internal transactions for Global Real Estate, and ensure compliance requirements are met
Process efficiency improvement
Make or buy, outsourcing analysis
3/ Business Continuity Plan coordination for Americas
VP Global Real Estate and Facilities
Other regional Global Real Estate Directors
Local and Regional business teams
Regional Finance Managers
Regional Asset and Marketing Managers
Regional IT managers
Other support functions Regional Management
Savings target in Facilities spending
Global process and standards implementation
Develop and present Real Estate options and recommendations to accommodate business strategies – interaction is with Sr. Executives
Cost justify and manage annual Capital Expenditure budgets to support initiatives that include: cost savings opportunities, business operational requirements and adherence to Corporate standards
Collaborate across functional boundaries to ensure department strategies are aligned with company goals and to ensure appropriate stakeholder management is accomplished
Provide analysis for senior management, detailing costs implications for projects requests, as well as recommending alternative cost effective options
Create and manage annual budget for Corporate facilities
Analyze expenditures, providing variance reports, recommending actions to reduce cost, and auditing to ensure company rules and guidelines are adhered to
Direct management of all facility and real Estate related projects, team members may be FTE or out-sourced
Negotiate with landlords, contractors and vendors
Create facility designs and office layouts to maximize utilization of space and provide flexibility
Matrix management of architects, local authorities, Fire depts. etc.
Collaborate across business units to ensure corporate strategies are implemented and space utilization maximized in each location
Manage all facility operational issues, vendor relationships, landlord disputes, asset tracking etc.
Complete financial analysis of ongoing and one-off expenditures
Denver ( Panorama)
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.