Arrow Electronics Technical Solutions Engineer III in Centennial, Colorado
Technical Solutions Engineer III
Pre-Sales Technical Engineer - Arrow Intelligent Systems IOT business
Arrow Electronics is seeking a highly motivated, technical and detail oriented individual to join our Technical team as a Presales Technical Engineer. In this role you will work closely with our OEM partners to translate their technical requirements into configurations and IBM / Lenovo solutions. You will also provide technical consultation with our partners as required on IBM / Lenovo products.
• Configure IBM Power and storage products using IBM econfig tool.
• Configure Lenovo servers, pcs, and tablets using vendor specific technical tools: SSCT, LESC, and xConfig
• Develop product knowledge on IBM Storage and Power products.
• Develop product knowledge on the Lenovo portfolio of products including servers, storage, and tablets.
• Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI/RFPs.
• Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific products.
• Form relationship with client’s technical staff to identify new opportunities
• Act as technical point of contact for customers and the sales team.
• Achieve IBM and Lenovo certifications as needed. (Currently held certifications are a plus)
• 2 years’ experience in an IT role supporting technical engineering and systems configurations for enterprise storage or server technologies, preferably IBM
• A high level of motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with customer technologists, Arrow Sales Representatives, and Product Marketing Managers.
• Soft Skills: Strong oral presentation, written communications skills, outstanding time management skills, skilled in consulting and establishing credibility / trust with customers, ability to handle multiple priorities, able to adapt to change, analytical problem-solving skills, and ability to handle customers effectively.
• Quick learner in technology environment.
• The ability to work with customer technical representatives under a variety of circumstances to understand their needs and meet their expectations.
• Prior experience in IBM and Lenovo hardware/software presales or consulting preferred.
• Technical sales presentation experience.
Denver ( Panorama)
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.