Arrow Electronics Senior Media Sales Manager in Connecticut
Senior Media Sales Manager
● Responsible for managing the sales efforts of their team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company's vision. Represents the team internally and externally; ensures their department is exceeding expectations from both a vendor ad customer perspective. Manages the workforce by making decisions on workload and setting priorities for the team. Consistently recommends operational improvements, contributes to the strategic objectives and manages team effectiveness. Accurately forecasts and drives teams to manage opportunities and sales.
● Management: Manage the strategic and sales objectives for the sales teams and creates tactical solutions to meet/exceed objectives. Go on field sales account calls and supplier reviews to provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth. Manage manager and employee development, recruiting, hiring and training, performance reviews, salary administration, daily coaching and feedback, goal setting, development planning and performance management. Progressively and proactively manage development and performance issues. Deliver a high performing team.
● Sales: Direct strategy that motivates sales teams to reach sales goals and deliver results. Maintain senior level relationships at customers, suppliers and Arrow corporate. Take on assigned projects and drives corporate initiatives. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps obtain branch goals.
● Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Strengthens Arrow's reputation by delivering service excellence and process efficiencies. Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to all levels of decision makers. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels senior level contacts at customers, suppliers and Arrow corporate.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team or multiple small teams
● Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
● Addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global technology partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 85 countries. We are a Fortune 150 company with over 18,500 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you're working with us.