Arrow Electronics Accountant Senior in Englewood, Colorado
Under limited supervision, the Internal Reporting Senior Accountant II will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial results for Arrow Electronics, Inc. The majority of the responsibilities revolve around monthly reporting, analysis of financial results and process improvements. Requires extensive use of Excel spreadsheets, both maintenance and development.
• Assist with monthly consolidation of Arrow’s worldwide results
• Responsible for proper elimination of equity and investment accounts on an monthly basis
• Assist with preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements
• Requires extensive monthly analytical review of financial results
• Requires communication with corporate and field management regarding financial performance
• Responsible for complex intercompany transactions and improving intercompany reporting between the regions
• Responsible for researching technical accounting as it relates to financial statement preparations
• Supervision of staff accountant, providing training and guidance as necessary
• Develop process efficiencies
• Preparation of ad-hoc analysis as required by executive management
• Works closely with all financial departments to ensure accurate reporting of financial information
• Part of the Core Team implementing and testing the Hyperion consolidation tool.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
• Minimum of 5 years related experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Big 4 and/or Fortune 200 experience
• Foreign currency accounting knowledge related to financial statements
• Hyperion/Essbase experience
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.