Arrow Electronics Manager, Accounting in Englewood, Colorado
The Manager, Accounting will lead areas of the general ledger close and fulfill monthly financial reporting and compliance requirements. This position will oversee the work of lower level accountants and/or accounting managers and resolve escalated research issues. The manager of accounting will build strong working relationships with all levels of finance staff in other locations and supervise/manage a group of senior level and junior level accountants. In addition, this position will be tasked with special projects.
• Management of staff – hiring, developing, coaching, training, resource allocation. Talent management, performance management. Provide mentoring and leadership to attract, develop and retain talent.
• Ensure all deadlines related to monthly and quarterly close activities are met.
• Conduct review of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reporting and analysis completed by General Ledger accounting staff and more junior accounting managers.
• Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from the staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters.
• Perform due diligence related to mergers/acquisitions, define and manage consolidations as well as all finance related processes, coordinate information exchange and monitor conversion testing. Perform specific merger related accounting tasks in order to ensure purchase transactions/entities are properly accounted for.
• Lead complex special projects related to new processes, issues or changes in structure. Lead internal cross-divisional reporting. Act as liaison for department.
• Provide clean and accurate financial reporting and ensure that all reconciliations are accurate, informative and current.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures.
• Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement consistent with accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 6-8 years of related experience and 3+ years of people management experience.
• Strong internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting.
• Proven leadership capabilities including the ability to hire and develop strong talent for financial roles.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills – must be have advanced Excel skills.
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
• A team player that is a highly motivated self-starter – ability to maintain a cooperative and professional work relationship with internal and external partners.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced degree.
• CPA; Public Accounting experience.
• Experience with Oracle ERP Systems and Hyperion.
• International Accounting.
• Experience with Acquisitions.
• Fortune 500 experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.