Arrow Electronics sales support associate in Halifax, Nova Scotia
sales support associate
● Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities for assigned accounts with primarily indirect sales. Performs sales support functions to provide the highest level of service and customer satisfaction while maintaining efficiencies in corporate operational processes and procedures. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective.
● Order Processing: processes routine/ smaller customer orders accurately and timely by reviewing PO's for accuracy, freight terms, transportation, pricing, technical specifications, part numbers and any other unique customer requirements. Resolve discrepancies with the customer prior to order entry; enter sales orders into the Arrow ERP system working with shared services teams to resolve any complex issues. Review backlog report throughout to determine how to fulfill orders most effectively while balancing product cost, customer delivery expectations and vendor availability.
● Customers Service and Service Requests: Meets customer service agreements established in SOW. Respond quickly ad professionally to customer requests for information relative to orders and RMA's requests for confirmations/invoices, credit status, expediting or shipping requirements. Documents all customer requests for product returns or maintenance cancellations in an Oracle ERP system. Obtains all related facts and makes the decision to accept or reject based on established guidelines.
●Backlog Management, Billing and Resolution of vendor Invoice Discrepancies and Claims: Maintain control of the open backlog of orders, service requests and RMA's from entry through billing. From ongoing reviews of open orders and SRs/RMAs determine if the vendors have shipped, entitled and or billed the order or return. Research and resolve vendor invoice variances caused by price, quantity, goods/services receipts, freight and tax code discrepancies.
● Entry level job with limited prior relevant training or work experience
● Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
● Work is prescribed and completed with little autonomy
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
● Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience. For warehouse jobs: Typically requires at least 5 years of experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.