Arrow Electronics Business Development Manager in Itasca, Illinois
Business Development Manager
This person will be responsible for contacting HP VARs in an effort to not only evangelize the Stech messaging but to represent one Arrow w/ specific duties in gaining back market share from those HP VARs that are taking their business elsewhere.
● Responsible for developing, managing, and creating the relationship between the organization and suppliers, customers and/or vendors within their business group’s specific technologies by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. Assists with the development and execution of strategy and business development.
● Responsible for implementing business development initiatives.
● Provides market intelligence; evaluates, develops, and manages market specific sales strategies and new strategic business opportunities.
● Ensures execution to sales growth plans. Drives results through demand identification and demand creation opportunities.
● Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
● Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
● Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
● Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
● Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
● Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
● Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
● Serves as an expert within own function
● Leads functional teams or projects and serves as a best practice/quality resource
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent related experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.