Arrow Electronics CFS Account Associate I in McLean, Virginia
CFS Account Associate I
● Collects to terms—negotiates payment plans; may need to elevate cash flow problems according to mgmt reporting structure. Takes appropriate action such as credit hold, placement with collections; ability to work independently done with little or no guidance.
● A/R disputes—works with customer to determine reason (s) for non-payment of invoices
and queries the specific invoice(s) for action by the Reconciliation Associate; works on disputes that have been researched by the Reconciliation Associate and collects outstanding balance if applicable.
● Credit—AR exposure, facilitating sales and managing risk by reviewing order release and
customer master file; releasing orders as appropriate; setting limit or order release based on research; elevating to CFSS, CFSM or FRA as necessary. Identify bad debt and set reserve.
● Process improvement—identify root causes, recommend and implementing solutions. Establish/update best collection practices.
● Acts as a technical specialist on certain types of transactions and provides guidance and
assistance to junior members of the team related to this. Demonstrate independent thinking and work with little or no direction. May need guidance or approval on highly complex issues. Assists junior members of team in moderately complex situations.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.