Arrow Electronics Desktop Support Analyst - Warehouse Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Desktop Support Analyst - Warehouse Specialist
Desktop Support Analyst II
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – Denver, CO
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for providing PC hardware and software support for our local and remote users in a mixed Windows and Apple environment. The Analyst will actively assist with major PC related projects (rollout of a new application, hardware/software upgrades, integrations, etc.) This candidate will be a member of a support team that provides high quality PC Support to over 10,000 clients at Arrow facilities throughout North America.
· Provide second-level IT technical support to onsite and remote end-users by resolving moderately complex to highly complex technical issues.
· Track, record and respond to requests for IT technical support. Technical support will include workstation hardware, application and collaboration software and mobile devices utilizing Windows and Apple operating systems.
· Deploy PC software fixes, patches, updates for Windows and Apple devices.
· Correctly manage assets in the Arrow Asset Management System with accurate and detailed computer hardware information.
· Support IT special projects, including but not limited to: office moves, data recovery, hardware and software testing, acquisition integrations, etc.
· Diagnose and resolve support incidents via phone, remote control or desk-side visits.
· Assists Level 1 and Level 2 IT Analysts with issue troubleshooting.
· Collaborates with 3rd level support to troubleshoot highly complex issues.
Required Experience :
· Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting laptops, PCs, peripherals and business critical applications for users in large, multi-location, corporate environments via phone, remote control and desk side visits.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple OSX, MS Outlook/Exchange, MS Office 2016, Office 365, and Microsoft Skype for Business.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency using Enterprise remote-control software, software distribution tools and device management software.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting McAfee Endpoint and Bitlocker Encryption software.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting Sophos Anti-Virus and Enterprise malware scanning and removal tools.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting end user collaboration tools, such as Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, and Skype for Business.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency upgrading PC memory, hard drive swap, data transfer, etc.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency creating knowledgebase articles from ticket data and end user support interactions.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency maintaining and update user’s PC asset information through the implementation of critical device management policies.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency supporting mobile devices utilizing iOS and Android operating systems.
· Experience demonstrating proficiency working independently, with minimal guidance.
· Ability to identify and resolve key issues using partial or conflicting data and pattern recognition.
· Ability to take a broad perspective to problems to identify and document new, less obvious solutions.
· 24x7 On-call technical support on a rotation basis.
· Travel when required (less than 10%).
· CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent experience which demonstrates technical mastery.
Preferred Experience :
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA): Windows 10
· Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
· Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE): Desktop Infrastructure
· Experience using team knowledge Wikis utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
· Experience creating and editing Knowledgebase articles.
· Technical Project Management experience.
Track, record and respond to moderate to highly complex requests for IT technical support from our Executive staff as well as other users. Technical support will include workstation hardware, software and peripherals.
● Assist Level 1 and 2 analysts with troubleshooting issues.
● Collaborate troubleshooting of highly complex issues with 3rd level support teams.
● Provide on-site support to our Executive staff for off-site meetings.
● Document procedures and processes.
● Function as department head during manager's absence.
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
● Works under general supervision
● Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
● Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.