Arrow Electronics Customer Sales Specialist in Purchase, New York
Customer Sales Specialist
● Responsible for the day-to-day sales activities, sales support and customer service tasks for specified customers and assigned accounts. Maintains efficiencies in corporate operational processes and procedures. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), suppliers, and customers.
● Processes quotes and oder preparation for specified customers and works with centralized PM’s for Quote and Debit information. Works to ensure that Arrow is awarded full margin from suppliers for fieldwork done. Thorough knowledge and accountability of supply chain engagements such as: e-Compass (My Arrow) , Consignments, CARES (Customer Automated Replenishment System) required. Coordinate resources and processing of customer quotations (Quote Center, Quote Cover Sheet, PM Views, Management, FSR, Suppliers, Value Add, and SSG). Negotiate pricing (non-contract only), provide quote mark up (owns strategy and application of cost plus mark up) and notify customer of related price increases.
● Problem Resolution: Work with appropriate supplier contacts and internal departments to solve pre-sales and post-sales problems. Ensures execution and manages the demand creation activity, applicable contracts, value added programs, returns, invoicing, credit, shipping issues, etc. Handles local expediting and assists global opportunities through local escalation. Provide proactive notification to customer of changes to delivery status, conduct bond reviews with customer (Shortages & Turns), manage SMI (Slow Moving Inventory) and NCNR (Non-Cancellable, Non-Returnable) customer conversations, own Hard & Planned Order management, PCN (Product Change Notification) Coordination and deliver and maintain the POI (Perfect Order Index). This is comprised of OTD (On-Time Delivery) and E2E (End-to-End Order Quality).
● Support Management: Support sales team with direct customer contact for Order to Invoice process within Planned Demand. Liaison between sales team and Infosys to perform root cause analysis and provide more complex problem solving. Manage the interface on e-Compass reports with Infosys, drive closure by managing exceptions (Dropped Part, New Part), manage customer Forecast Response reports after Infosys has taken action and drive closure by managing exceptions. Support e-Compass engagements and manage bond requests, identifying unit turn rates that are outside of branch goals and make adjustments to ensure unit turn rates are met . Coordinate the contract refresh clause and manual inventory sweep process from IPS (In-Plant Store) or consignment back to PDC (Primary Distribution Center). Attend/lead the customer shortage calls and set internal action plan and communicate to appropriate account team members.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.