Arrow Electronics Regional Sales Manager in San Jose, California
Regional Sales Manager
● Responsible for managing the sales efforts of their team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company's vision. Represents the team internally and externally; ensures their department is exceeding expectations from both a vendor ad customer perspective. Manages the workforce by making decisions on workload and setting priorities for the team. Consistently recommends operational improvements, contributes to the strategic objectives and manages team effectiveness. Accurately forecasts and drives teams to manage opportunities and sales.
● Management: Manage the strategic and sales objectives for the sales teams and creates tactical solutions to meet/exceed objectives. Go on field sales account calls and supplier reviews to provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth. Manage manager and employee development, recruiting, hiring and training, performance reviews, salary administration, daily coaching and feedback, goal setting, development planning and performance management. Progressively and proactively manage development and performance issues. Deliver a high performing team.
● Sales: Direct strategy that motivates sales teams to reach sales goals and deliver results. Maintain senior level relationships at customers, suppliers and Arrow corporate. Take on assigned projects and drives corporate initiatives. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps obtain branch goals.
● Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Strengthens Arrow's reputation by delivering service excellence and process efficiencies. Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to all levels of decision makers. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels senior level contacts at customers, suppliers and Arrow corporate.
● Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
● Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
● Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
● Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
● Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
● Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
● Manages large teams of professionals and/or junior managers
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent related experience.
Understanding of the RF market opportunities and strong relationship with key customers in the Western Region
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.