Arrow Electronics Sales Director - North America in Arlington, Texas
Sales Director - North America
● Responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for Arrow, the Sales Director creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA’s. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors sales strategy throughout business. The Sales Director is the expert knowledge of the business, and is able to leverage Arrow’s strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
● Leadership: Recruit, hire and mentor top sales management talent. Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow's customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages vendor and customer relationships. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities.
● Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data, SLA’s and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit by measuring performance results against goals. .
● Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with vendor and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
● Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
● Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
● Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
● Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
● Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
● Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
● Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
● Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
● Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.