Arrow Electronics Global Portfolio Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Global Portfolio Manager
● Responsible for developing, deploying and training teams on global processes, procedures and governance which support end-to-end project management, project planning, budgeting, resource estimates, and reporting. With the assistance of local Project Managers, proactively assembles Portfolio level reports and performance.
●Implements and matures the investment management governance structure to enable informed decision making and transparency of these decision improving organizational accountability.
● Work collaboratively with the business and IT teams to establish global adoption of established processes, procedures and governance.
● Mature the investment management process with increased sophistication in prioritization, value management and benefit realization.
● Guides leaders to strategically prioritize, plan and control programs within their portfolios working collaboratively with the Business and IT teams globally.
● Works with IT Delivery Directors, Project Managers and Resource Managers to engage and ensure the availability of the required resources, in accordance with the overall portfolio delivery plan and the impact upon the portfolio. Monitors and tracks the Portfolio against delivery, cost, budget, forecast, schedule and quality targets.
● Leads critical, complex special projects as assigned by the ECS/AIS/AGS CIO that requires broad IT and business knowledge and expertise.
● Provides broad support to senior IT leaders, including managing security and audit risks, organizing large, complex workshops and meetings, and assists in tracking headcount and budgets.
● Has a broad understanding of organizational structure, business practices and IT technology.
● Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in Project and Portfolio best practices.
● Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
● Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
● Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
● Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems.
Experience / Education
Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent related experience.
Experience managing across multiple global organization
Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies and tools
Project or Program Management certification
Practical knowledge regarding ERP implementations, Cloud technologies, and IT Security risks and mitigation practices
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.