Arrow Electronics Manager of Global Strategy and Data Intelligence in Centennial, Colorado
Manager of Global Strategy and Data Intelligence
This position is part of the Arrow Digital SaaS organization. As Manager of Global Strategy and Data Analytics you will be responsible for the central business planning and intelligence reporting directly to the Director | General Manager. Working closely with the senior leadership team, as well as sales, finance, operations, and engineering. This role will provide operational/business data intelligence, visualization, and predictive analysis reports to the stakeholders across the team. In addition, it will lead strategic business intelligence initiatives to gain insights and conclusions from our business to enhance our products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Extract data from a variety of different sources and maintain analytic framework to drive a monthly balance scorecard approach.
Manage analytical projects in diverse domains such as, sales, marketing research, and web to optimize and improve relevance, revenue, and market share.
Use of global data to proactively monitor and improve every critical business process across our subscription ecommerce platform.
Build excel models to develop projections based on past results.
Design, build, improve, our business platforms which are used for decision making across the global business.
Becoming a trusted partner to the area of global business development. Advising on key initiatives based on knowledge of the business and market through data and analytics capabilities
Proactively identify new data sources and analytics opportunities to ensure that decision-making is based on the most current, objective and comprehensive insights
Play a leading role in the continuous business expansion planning process based on a deep understanding of the market drivers, customer journey, competition and product positioning opportunities to enhance the customer experience and plans to address leverage points & gaps
Provide insights to both current dynamics and future market evolution over the next 3-5 years to guide GBT in the development of successful launch strategies for multiple indications in succession. Identify and utilize latest advances in data sources & analytics to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of our core strategies and key initiatives.
Lead and participate in initiatives to improve the SaaS data and analytics capabilities
Ensure all core activities are conducted on time, within budget, and in accordance with financial guidelines.
Active participation on both sales calls and weekly staff meetings
Minimum 5-8 years of business, finance, analytics, and SaaS experience
Strong leadership skills, including, business vision and understanding of business data strategy
Exceptional communication skills, with ability to interact and deliver compelling messages to executives, stakeholders as well as internal and external customers
Demonstrated experience with P&L management, analytical management planning, and forecasting.
Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree is strongly desired. Preferred degree areas; business, engineering, finance, or other related degrees
● The Market Intelligence Manager leads research teams with the primary purpose of researching, analyzing, and identifying enterprise technology sales opportunities on behalf of leading software and hardware manufacturers and solution providers; and delivers actionable tools and products to drive revenue.
● Manages day to day activities of team and provides production updates to senior management.
● Assists senior management with planning and budgeting where necessary and ensures available resources are fully taken advantage of.
● Ensures effectiveness of market intelligence generated sales and marketing campaigns by measuring metrics and holding staff accountable to goals.
● Innovates new capabilities and offerings for internal and external stakeholders to take advantage of to drive positive outcomes.
● Maintains a duel hatted role as a personnel supervisor and an individual contributor—demonstrating content mastery and ability to train employees in their area of expertise.
● Delivers content to suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders to drive business objectives.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
● Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
● Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
● Works independently
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.