Arrow Electronics Inside Sales Associate Manager in McLean, Virginia
Inside Sales Associate Manager
(Manager to support 8-12 Inside Sales Employees)
● Work with all departments to coordinate sales processes and resolve issues, serving as the escalation point for internal and external customer problem resolution. Sets the team direction and priorities. Manages the sales team developing personnel and handling all aspects of the employment relationship such as hiring, performance management, disciplinary action as well as successfully allocating resources to achieve sales objectives. Monitors process, progress and results.
● Serve as the point person for sales team with problem resolution and escalated issues. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Escalates issues, when appropriate, to the Sales Manager.
● Educate partners how to register opportunities and transact business with Arrow & vendor. Serve as subject matter expert on Arrow and vendor tools and processes.
● Provide accurate sales forecasting for assigned territory/customer base to management. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results. Course correction when necessary.
● Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
● Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
● Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised
● Accountable for the results of medium-sized routine support or production operations teams
● Solves problems based on practice and precedent
● Trains team members and provides input to employee performance evaluations
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.