Arrow Electronics Market Intelligence Analyst II in McLean, Virginia
Market Intelligence Analyst II
● The Market Intelligence Analyst II develops and delivers major presentations, training sessions, tools, market overviews, and agency profiles for internal and external audiences on a range of topics related to enterprise hardware and software acquisition.
● Performs primary and secondary research to obtain information related to IT buying and selling trends and communicates datapoints to senior staff and, where appropriate, suppliers, partners, and internal staff.
● Proactively creates and delivers individual research projects to suppliers and partners or responds as instructed by senior personnel to provide peers with conclusions drawn from data mining, analysis, and other research.
● Participates in industry events and organizations to gain insight into market developments and to builds relationships that can be leveraged for business value.
● Contributes to development of new research deliverables designed to support sales and marketing activities.
● Provides sales and marketing campaign support including creating PowerPoint presentations on customer organizations, contact list creation and validation, call script support, and other campaign consulting.
● Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
● Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
● Solves a range of straightforward problems
● Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
● Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
We are looking for a personable, curious, and insightful Market Intelligence Analyst who has had experience with research and analysis and working with large amounts of data.
The ideal candidate will have experience with data analytics, statistical analysis, and have an interest in data science.
Familiarity with programming languages and tools such as stata, R, Alteryx, Tableau, and other big data/analytics tools highly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a sales environment, helping turn seemingly worthless data into actionable insights to accelerate the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the software/hardware industry with major manufacturers, resellers, and distributors in the past.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.