Arrow Electronics Manager, Field Sales in Minnesota
Manager, Field Sales
● Responsible for driving strategy and delivering results: Makes recommendations to General Manager/ Sales Director on strategy and customer plans. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps achieve sales branch goals, not just team goals.
● Manage Team: Recruits, hires and mentors sales staff. Manage employee performance. Ensure team is trained and has resources to deliver sales plans. Coach and provide feedback to employees. Deliver high potential sales representatives for future management roles. Use managerial courage to make difficult decisions when necessary. Prepare development plans for employees.
● Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operation excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision makers.
● Leadership: Act as leader in the branch. Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals. Use data and analysis to make recommendations to team and to management. Responsible for budgeting and planning. Key leader in facilitating implementation of process improvement based on data.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for results of a small team
● Exercises limited management authority; sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
● Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.