Arrow Electronics Business Development Manager in Newmarket, United Kingdom
Business Development Manager
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
Working with Arrow Account Managers (Internal Sales) and Key Account Managers (External Sales), to identify the key reseller partners with good potential to develop sales of the vendor’s products and services.
Working with these partners to ensure they have all the tools necessary to realise their sales potential, namely:
· Execute successful business plans with channel partners
· Build and maintain strong relationships within the vendor
· Build and maintain strong relationships within the channel customer base
· Identify new partners and engage and enable accordingly to drive incremental sales
· Initiating marketing campaigns for the partners to find new leads.
· Working with Account Managers and Key Account Managers to ensure purchasing will buy from Arrow.
· Regular and accurate forecasting of opportunities, providing detail for both short and long term deals
· Enable partners by providing regular sales training either face to face or via webinar and facilitating the delivery of technical training
Gain a high level profile and trust within the partner base to ensure Arrow are brought in on larger projects. Taking ownership of those projects, where appropriate dealing with the end user to ensure key benefits have been understood, competitors eliminated, objections removed, budget approved and that they move to a successful conclusion.
The successful candidate will be a professional sales person who can demonstrate an established career of achievement within an IT sales environment including the ability to sell sometimes complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audience.
· Self-motivated with a hardworking and proactive approach.
· Natural propensity to adopt a structured approach i.e. Managing time in the office and on the road, determining who key decision makers are and the dynamics of the sales of complex projects.
· Ability to learn product benefits and key technical concepts (training will be given).
· Self-starter with outgoing personality but with an unselfish team player mentality.
· Sound business acumen and ability to understand and interact with customers of all types.
· Numeracy, totally comfortable using a PC for communication, planning, forecasting calendaring, etc.
· Experience and knowledge of any of the products distributed by Arrow and channel sales desirable.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.