Arrow Electronics Quality Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
● Maintain and improve quality system through database management and analysis of quality data to various quality certifications and standards. Monitor and audit processes and make improvements in quality where necessary to assure standards are being met. Works with other departments to identify and resolve quality issues. Provides Corrective Action when quality issue arises.
● Manage the quality assurance department activities within the site. Maintain and continually improve the quality system, using data to define opportunities for improvement. Drive process improvements. Maintain ISO 9000 and TS 16949 certifications
● Manage control of the documentation process, the internal quality audit and inspections systems, and the calibration system.
● Work with other departments to maintain statistical process control of the site's processes.
● Maintain and improve Field Quality Report (FQR) customer complaints system.
● Along with other department heads, drive compliance to the annual Business Plan's key metrics. Interface with external customers regarding quality issues. Assure prompt resolution to issues.
● Train applicable workers on Quality- related areas, such as 5S, Lean, SPC, etc.
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
● Works under general supervision
● Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
● Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
2-4 years in quality engineering, quality systems and processes
Experience with QMS systems
Experience in medical, aerospace, electronics/semiconductor industries, a plus
Experience in the following quality methodologies:
Corrective Preventive Action
Engineering Change Control
Quality Function Deployment
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.