Arrow Electronics Customer Support Associate in San Jose, California
Customer Support Associate
● Provide expert internal and external customer service and sales support to both the Inside Sales Team and customer engagements. Assist in maintaining performance expectations to further enhance Arrow's position within each customer and supplier. Responsible for handling more complex discrepancies, interfacing directly with customers, recommending solutions and/or action plans to internal sales team staff.
● Responsible for the Order to Invoice Process including but not limited to: Order entry & maintenance (outside of Infosys), value added order entry & follow up, not first articles; managing inbound customer order formats (excel, pdf, fax, etc); work submits SSRQ (SIMS Setup Request) which includes Value Added, NCNR (Non-Cancellable, Non-Returnable), and COP (Customer Owned Parts); NCNR set up and filing, and set up of MyArrow accounts and PCPRCE 2 (Customer Part and Pricing System) maintenance for contract pricing.
● Support sales team with direct customer contact within Planned Demand and Quality assurance processes. Includes coordinating the e-Compass and Forecast Response reports with Infosys, providing first point of escalation after initial set of expedites, complete bond requests from Inside Sales, manage Dropped Part, New Part, and Item Status Change reports; own the manual inventory sweep process from IPS (In-Plant Store) or consignment and coordinate contract refresh clauses. Handle branch service requests (sure ship and sure receipt), RMA (Return Material Authorization), initiate CAR (Corrective Action Request) FQR (Field Quality Request) analysis, submit Customer Surveys (NAFTA, ISO Cert’s, Quality, etc) and correct post delivery issues (wrong carrier, wrong packaging, wrong shipping account, etc) while working origin of any SMI (Slow Moving Inventory) and Sludge
● Assist Inside Sales with overall Quote to Order objectives including loading SDT (Sales Desktop) quotes under 50 line items, forwarding quotes in PDF format to Quote Center, monitoring PM views, updating quote extensions, ordering samples and coordinating contract signature completion with legal.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work under moderate supervision
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education:
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.