Arrow Electronics Sales/Marketing Representative in San Jose, California
● Through primarily telephone interaction, this sales professional will support an account portfolio of valued customers to locate and secure the right products or services for their specific needs. Occasionally working with the Field Sales Representative, supplier partners, engineers, and other internal Arrow resources, the Account Specialist is to offer exemplary customer service and product knowledge expertise with an aim to expand marketshare, and grow our business. Daily activities of the role include, but are not limited to:
● Quote Bill of Materials (BOM) and ensure that registered pricing is reflected in all quotes. Systematically manage own assigned portfolio by taking proactive and regular actions related to sales and the administration of the account. Understand the Distributor Total Available Market (DTAM); Coordinate with internal corporate resource groups to ensure customer satisfaction. Be a team player by working collaboratively and synergistically with colleagues across Arrow. Demonstrated ability to influence and to interact at multiple levels of an organization.
● Identifying new sales opportunities by working with buyers and engineers to provide quotes, technical support and data sheets, and by placing purchase orders. Maintain accounts by providing customer service on orders. Other maintenance tasks include: tracking shipments, maintaining orders, managing backlog, expediting orders and trouble-shooting. Strategically manage assigned portfolio through competition analysis, research and profiling and interaction with engineers, ADRs, FSRs, and other Arrow resources within own territory.
● Providing after-sales service by ensuring the products’ arrival at the customer location in a timely fashion.
Manage and sell to assigned accounts in assigned territory. Quote to customer specifications and needs on Arrow's entire line card.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.