Arrow Electronics Field Application Engineer in Shenzhen, China
Field Application Engineer
Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment. • Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Understand customer needs and leverage Arrow’s engineering and design services resources to facilitate solutions for customers. Apply technical knowledge to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
• Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Technical calibrations & research with sales & other Arrow depts. & Suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
• Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls.
• Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
• Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in ArrowEDGE initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events.
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
● Works under general supervision
● Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
● Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.