Arrow Electronics Internal Sales Representative in St. Leonards, Australia
Internal Sales Representative
● Responsible for day-to-day guidance of assigned team. Setting direction, coping with change, listening, coaching and motivating the team. Serves as an escalation point for Arrow’s internal departments, vendor resources and customers. Serves as the customer contact for handling all elements of the returns and maintenance termination process, entering the Service Request and RMA in the business system, sending the return/cancellation request for management approval and ensuring customers are credited for the return. Responsible for receiving, confirming and tracking customer orders and other related tasks in the order processing and post sales flow to include: order entry; material procurement; coordination with the vendor, integration facilities and shippers to identify and track delivery schedules; creation and update order status reports; resolution of incoming invoices and denied claims.
● Order Processing: Processes customer orders accurately and timely by reviewing customer purchase orders for accuracy, freight terms, transportation methods, pricing, technical specifications, part numbers and any other unique customer requirements ; resolving any discrepancies with customer prior to order entry; entering sales orders accurately and quickly into the Arrow ERP system, working with shared services teams to resolve more complex issues on orders or customer requests. Places purchase orders with the vendors and anticipates additional requirements or obstacles for orders and works toward a solution proactively.
● Research and resolve vendor invoice variances and warehouse receipt discrepancies caused by price, quantity, goods/services receipts, freight and tax code discrepancies. Works with the warehouse team to ensure that all inventory purchase orders are received in full. Research and resolve vendor denied claims or variances caused by program requirements, price, quantity and point of sale reporting. Processes any shipment variances or damages with the vendors for resolution and updates the Oracle ERP system accordingly. Work with suppliers, sales teams and shared services teams to troubleshoot and resolve invoice and claims exceptions within defined service level agreements. Takes ownership of issues and sees that they are fully resolved.
● Monitors inventory to identify slow moving, aging and non-sellable product to determine the proper disposition. Negotiates special pricing, returns, programs and other exceptions with the vendor. Ensures that our SMI (slow moving inventory), obsolescence and write-offs are within our established financial goals. Proactively resolves problem situations, often complex, with our suppliers and Arrow departments related to selection of source, price, delivery, etc while remaining within inventory guidelines.
● Mentors and assists in training of team members. Analyzes training needs of team members and develops and provides input for a solution. Acts as the backup for the manager for assigned responsibilities.
● Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
● Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
● Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
● Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
● Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3–5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
St Leonards (DC)
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.